Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme now hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. Each week we’re given a new prompt for a top ten list of all things bookish. This week is top ten series I gave up on or do not plan to finish. This is going to be a bit of a challenge for me because I rarely give up on books. So let’s see what I can come up with this week. Okay, so after coming up with an insufficient list I’ve decided I’m going to do a few series that I will definitely be finishing, but haven’t managed to get around to it yet.
1. House of Night by P.C and Kristen Cast – This series just had so many books. It got to the point where it was hard to keep up with the story and when new books came out. So I just stopped trying to stay on top of it. Now they’re coming out with books again and I just don’t think I’ll ever get around to rereading them all.
2. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon – I read the first four books in this series. I borrowed them from Antonia’s mom. But I ended up losing the fourth book and by the time I bought a new copy she had caught up to me and needed the books back for her to read them. I may eventually pick this series up again, but I have no real burning desire to do so anytime soon.
3. The Bridgerton series by Julia Quinn – These books were another series that I had a hard time keeping up with. There are so many books and I just lost track of which ones I’ve read and still need to read. I may pick them up again because I did really like the books, but it’s not high on my priority list.
4. The Women’s Murder Club by James Patterson – Once again, too many books coming out to keep track of. I will eventually read these again because they’re easy mystery reads but it won’t be anytime soon.
5. The Princess series by Alexa Riley – I just was not impressed by these books. I think I only read the first and part of the second before giving up.
6. The Red Queen series by Victoria Aveyard – The final book in the series came out recently and I’d like to reread the whole series. When am I going to do that? Eventually, my TBR list seems to just keep growing instead of getting smaller.
7. The Talon series by Julie Kagawa – Again, the final book in this series was finally released and I’m planning to reread the entire series, eventually.
8. Zeroes by Scott Westerfeld – A few weeks ago, I learned that the third book, Nexus, was released sometime last year and I didn’t even realize. So I need to buy this and get around to finishing the series.
9. Millennium series by Stieg Larsson / David Lagercrantz – Literally just now while looking for books to add to this post learned that another book has been released in this series. I will read it, but when I get around to it and who knows when that will be.
10. Shadow Falls series by C.C. Hunter – I finished the main series of these books; I actually own all of them. But there’s a few spin-off series with other characters that I haven’t managed to get around to reading yet, but I definitely plan to.
This is my top ten for this week! What series have you given up on?
Keep on reading lovelies, Amanda.
11 thoughts on “Amanda’s Top Ten Tuesday – Series I’ve Given up on”
Totally agree on the choice to give up on House of Night. I thought that series would never end.
It still somehow hasn’t ended! They just came out with another, I’m not sure if it’s a coninuation of the story or just a new story in the same world, but somehow there’s a new House of Night book.
OMG its the series that will never die!!!
It’s so crazy. It’s just this series though because I’ve read other PC Cast books and they’re AMAZING.
I completely agree with House of Night. I am not even sure how many books are in the series, I think that I gave up after book 8??
I don’t even remember where I gave up. I just remember that it became too much for me to keep up with. There was just too much going on and too much time between the new books.
The Outlander series is on my TTT list as well. I read the first book and really enjoyed the story, but the characters – especially the relationship between Claire and Jamie, was not something I wanted to read more of. Some of the might be chalked up to it being written in a different time period, but as someone in 2018 it was tough to stomach.
I gave up on outlander and Red queen too 🤦🏻♀️
I haven’t given up on Red Queen, I just want to read the whole series over again now that all the books are out. But that’s going to take a lot of time and emotions, so I’m putting it off until I’ve read some of the other books on my TBR.
The third book disappointed me. So I have given up on that series. I really enjoyed the first two books though
It’s been too long since I read them, I don’t remember a lot of the details. I have all the books, so I will at least try to read the whole series.