Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Every week there’s a new topic where we get to choose our top ten and write about it. This week’s topic is top ten books I would mash together. I think this is a wicked interesting topic. I’m not sure how I’m going to go about it, so in no particular order, here goes!
1. Rose Gardner Investigations by Denise Grover Swank & Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich – These are books about an aspiring private investigator and books about a bond enforcement officer. I think Rose and Stephanie would make one hell of a hilarious pair.
2. Renegades by Marissa Meyer & Zeroes by Scott Westerfeld, Margo Lanagan, and Deborah Biancotti – Two different types of superhero books. Both with similar abilities, sort of. But the worlds they take place in are pretty different. I think it would be interesting to see these two worlds collide.
3. Meant to be Broken by Brandy Woods Snow & One Small Thing by Erin Watt – Both are novels involving girls who are struggling with their feelings about a guy. Both thinking that their feelings are wrong and should be stifled and ignored. I think the two female main characters would be great friends and would be able to help one another immensely by sharing their experiences.
4. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson & The Cuckoo’s Calling by Robert Galbraith – These are both murder mystery sort of books but with a ton of different subplots along the way. I think they would be interesting to see together. Seeing the characters with their hugely different personalities would be funny.
5. Truly Devious by Maureen Johnson & Confessions of a Murder Suspect by James Patterson – This is a choice for similar reasons to above except these are young adult murder mysteries. Again, the personalities in these stories would make for an interesting read.
6. A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas & Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch – If the Sara(h)’s wrote a book together I would be able to die happy as soon as I finished it. These specific books would be so cool to see together. In ACOTAR, there’s Fae with seasonal courts and magical abilities and in Snow Like Ashes there are different kingdoms for the seasons with different sorts of magical abilities. I think they would mesh well together with the similarities in the stories.
7. The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare & A Shade of Vampire by Bella Forrest – Both of these series have a great variety of supernatural characters like vampires and werewolves and others unique to their books. Their also both full of headstrong characters that strive to do the ‘right’ thing at all costs. I would love to see these characters and worlds collide.
8. The Young Elites by Marie Lu & Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo – These two came together in my head because of their magic systems. Both books have people with abilities that are not accepted in their worlds. Both have fantastic villains. Now that I’m typing this, I would LOVE to see the Darkling and Adelina join forces and run the world.
9. Impulse by Ellen Hopkins & Girl in Pieces by Kathleen Glasgow – I really think that Charlie could have been another character in Impulse. She for sure could have been a fourth perspective in that story. These characters could all relate for sure.
10. The Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead & A Quick Bite by Lynsay Sands – I obviously had to throw my two favorite vampire worlds together. I think these worlds would be awesome to see together because of the different ways that vampires are created and the similarities that are already there.
This week’s topic was a hard one for me! I had a ton of fun looking at my shelves and thinking about all the different worlds I love colliding. I tried to pick bookish worlds that already had a little bit in common. I wanted my mashups to mostly make sense. Which bookish worlds would you want to see collide?
Keep on reading lovelies, Amanda.
18 thoughts on “Amanda’s Top Ten Tuesday – Bookish Mash Ups”
Love the sound of Lu meets Bardugo. 🙂
Right!! I just get evil butterflies thinking of Adelina and the darkling plotting together.
Impulse and Girl In Pieces sounds like it would be an interesting but tough read!
Yes! They’re both powerful reads on their own, together I think they would be incredible.
I have to go read Shadow and Bone now. I love The Young Elites, so that should be pretty good as well. Then I might have to write a fanfic someday where they join forces ;-).
For sure! You have to read all three to really get the Darkling’s whole story, but I would read some fanfic with the both of the without a doubt!!
I did not think of Snow Like Ashes and ACOTAR, but you’re right, those worlds would fit well together!
My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2018/08/07/top-ten-tuesday-171/
I tried to pick worlds that already had a little bit in common and these two were perfect! Similar enough to mesh easily but different enough for some fun sparks!
This was a really hard one. I only thought of 5. You have some really interesting combinations though!
Our TTT: https://thebookdutchesses.com/2018/08/07/ttt-39-books-youd-mash-together/
This was a hard one for me too! I actually went back and looked at an old topic that was done with The Broke and The Bookish a few years ago for some inspiration!
Interesting list! I’ve never thought of different vampire worlds coming together. I’ve read the Vampire Academy series but not A Quick BIte. I’ll have to check it out. Here is our Top Ten Tuesday
Check out A Quick Bite for sure! It’s a great series with a really creative origin story for the vampires.
I love any mashup that includes The Mortal Instruments 🙂 Great picks!
Thanks! I don’t know how nicely they would play with others, but it would be fun to read for sure!
OMG NOW I CAN’T WAIT TO READ SHADOW AND BONE BECAUSE I LOOOOVE THE YOUNG ELITES!
If You Liked This, Then You’ll Like THIS is for my Top Ten Tuesday this week!
They’re different enough, just similar magic wise (ish). Either way, I loved both series!