Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme now hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. Each week we’re given a new prompt for a top ten list of all things bookish. This week’s topic is top ten books that I decided to DNF (did not finish) too quickly. I’m going to put my own spin on this week’s topic because I always finish books once I make it past the first fifty pages or so and if it’s a book I don’t think I’m going to like, I just won’t read it. So this week I will be making a list of the top ten books I didn’t bother to start.
1. The Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon – I started this series years ago, before it became a television show. I made it to the middle of the fourth book, The Drums of Autumn, before I had to return the copy I was borrowing to Antonia’s mom. I’ve never managed to get back into the series to reread/finish the series. Hopefully one day.
2. The Great Divorce by C.S Lewis – I was given this book as a gift by my aunt last Christmas (maybe it was actually a few Christmases ago.) I’ve picked it up just to put it back down a few days later. It sits and stares at me from my bookshelf silently asking to be read.
3. The Fifth Doll by Charlie N. Holmberg – I’ve been trying to read this book for the last two months and I can’t seem to make it further than a chapter or so every time I pick it up. I may give it another try in the future, but for now I’m not going to bother.
4. The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins – I bought this around the same time that the movie came out because I wanted to read it before I saw the movie. Still haven’t read the book or seen the movie.
5. Catcher in the Rye by J.D Salinger – This was one I was supposed to read for school. I didn’t like it / couldn’t get into the story. It was just weird to me. So I didn’t read it and I faked all my assignments that had to do with the book.
6. The Man in the High Castle by Phillip K. Dick – This is one I found on my kindle and I tried to start it four or five times in the span of six months and never made it more than ten pages into the book. So I just gave up because I obviously didn’t want to read it that badly.
7. A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle – I had this whole series as a kid and tried to read them a few times but never did. I wanted to try again when the movie came out and just didn’t. Maybe I’ll read them someday, but who knows.
8. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte – I have a huge problem when it comes to classics. I’ve gotten about fifty pages into this book a handful of times but to this day have never managed to finish it. Maybe I will, maybe I won’t.
9. Moby Dick by Herman Melville – Another book that I’ve read the first ten to fifty pages of and can’t find the drive or desire to make it any further than that.
10. A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens – I guess I’m just a girl that doesn’t like the classics.
These are my top ten that I’ve tried but mostly didn’t bother with. What are your top ten that you didn’t finish (maybe too quickly) or however you changed this week’s topic to fit your reading style?
Keep on reading lovelies, Amanda.